Translate

Friday, December 28, 2007

A Firefly Public Service Announcement

Fellow runners,

I have one advice and one advice only today. My advice is simple. Don't run alone late at night....ever! The risk is too great and life is too precious to do so.

Today I learned from someone's unfortuate mistake that this great city still has its moments when you let your guard down too much. Please don't make that mistake and follow my advice.

That is all, my friend.

Today was a very rough day emotionally at work because of this. It is hard to not take things in my line of work personally and today was no exception. But add the media involvement, it's heartbreaking. I am not looking forward to going to work tommorow and facing it again.

Now I need a strong drink.

((Hugs))

5 comments:

Neese said...

Thanks for the message.
enjoy that drink and good luck tomorrow you'll do good

L*I*S*A said...

Ugh...thanks for the reminder. Stay safe.

Jess said...

Yes, late at night is bad, but early morning can be just as dangerous. A runner near here was killed last weekend by a car when he was out in the early morning running.

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

I would also add the advice: Don't live in Lincoln Park; it's a rotten neighborhood.

Wes said...

I'm so sorry sweety! A lot of unfortunate events in life can be avoided by being smart... {hugs}