Translate

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Starting the taper early....

...because there would be no 20 mile this time.

Instead, I am dealing with another injury once again. It means that there's a pattern here. For every marathon that I have trained for, there's always an injury of some sorts. One of them has allowed me to run the full marathon, but the rest of the time it has caused me to drop down to a half-marathon or drop out of the event. In fact, I was waiting for shoe to drop for this marathon and see which body part it is this time. This time around the injury occurred after my 18 miler. I was lucky, but it still sucks.

The injury that I am dealing with is Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome aka Runner's Knee. I have been dealing with my knee locking and hurting. Right now, I am starting some Physical Therapy and working to feel better enough to run the marathon in three weeks. I have been doing a lot of cycling for cross-training. I also have been hitting the pool for some pool running as well.

I am optimistic about doing the marathon. I just want to complete it. I will throw all time goals away and just focus on finishing at a decent time.

3 weeks until marathon day!

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Ugh! This must be so frustrating! You've been working really hard and I'm sure that will pay off in the long run and you will finish this marathon. Take good care!

Wes said...

You are not going to lose much fitness in three weeks. You still got this!!