Translate

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Things a little better today...

...so far for now. I slept in today and then go up and headed into the gym for some cross-training. My first sign of my mind still not totally there is that I forgot my lock for my locker so my purse is secure. No problem! The guy at the front desk secured it for me in one of the cabinets. I could not forget it at all because my car keys are on my purse! The second sign was that I kept on going on the eliptical machine until it all of a sudden got really easy. When went to check the time and mileage info, it was GONE!! UGHHHHHHH! Well, I know that I got 50 minutes on the eliptical machine, but no mileage info. Oh pooh! After going to gym, I headed home for a quick shower and got ready for work. Right now, I feel like the gal mentioned in Rick Astley's "Cry for Help". (see my music player - damn Blogger beta won't let me put the YouTube video in my post!) The song in fact helps me a little bit especially on the eliptical machine and soothes me out. I just read Mouse's very nice comment that she posted on yesterday's blog. (Thank you, Mouse!) It really made me think - more than I have been ever - about why this is hitting me hard than last year. I know that my marital issues do not help at all this year. When I thought last night about the grief with my dad, I had to think long and hard. At this time last year, I was working both Thanksgiving and the day after. On top of that, I was juggling school, 1st marathon training, and life. I was SO busy that I did not have to time to think about not being at home with my family or the grief during this time of the year. I also did not have time to head to the mall and just walk around to see the holiday lights. The only time I did that was when I was gift wrapping last year to raise money to TNT so I can complete my first marathon. Just to this year, I have a lot of time on my hands. I am still going to school, but do not have to juggle my schedule to do so. I did not have time to grieve. I made sure that I was off of work for Christmas so I can could be with my family, especially with my kids. I guess I stuffed my grief from last year and waited to unwrap it until now. GREAT! I already know by now that this is going to be a very difficult holiday season for me. I will grin and bear it as best as I can. Fellow bloggers, please bear with me and give me a lot of support right now. I really need it right now. I also need to get back to running ASAP so I can start getting my life back as much as normal as I can.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Hang in there girly. Things will get better, probably when you least expect them to, but they will. The good news is there's only thirty days left until the holiday season is O-V-E-R!

Nat said...

First, congrats on the Turkey Trot! I ran it as well. I think you're such an inspiration. I know you're having a tough time, just remember, it's okay to have tough days. Just remember, it will get better.

L*I*S*A said...

You're stronger than you realize. Chin up..we're here for you. ((HUGS))

Danielle said...

I heard about the big crowd for the turkey trot...kind of glad I could just go my own race at home. Sorry to hear the holidays are getting to you. Marital problems are definitely not fun. When I hear about friends having issues and such, it tends to make me even happier I'm in the position I am in. But for the holidays, I haven't lost a parent or have issues with guys and I feel down a bit myself, it's that time of year. Feel free to call me anytime if you need to chat, I'm a good listener and have been through lots of friends man problems...we can meet for a drink if you'd like!!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Congratulations again on your most excellent Turkey Trot Time (TTT)!

It seems that nothing can keep Ms. Firefly down!

Mmem said...

(((((peace)))))

Hang in there, girl.