Translate

Monday, December 05, 2011

Is it okay to breathe yet?

I have been knee deep in Ph.D. applications since September. I am only applying to four schools so far, but the task is still overwhelming with the essays and orchestrating all of the school transcripts with the deadlines. I had to deal with a very intense term between late-August to mid-October to make things very interesting. Almost everything is finished. I won't feel better until I have all of the transcripts turned in.

In the meantime, I have been doing a lot of running as a way to cope with stress during this process. I have been able to increase my weekly mileage to 12 miles so far. I have decided to start half-marathon training next week for the Early Chicago Half-Marathon on April 1st.

I am excited about the prospect of training for a major race. The weather is getting colder, but I plan to bring my training inside on the treadmill. It will be another long winter, but I am ready for it.

Bring it on!

2 comments:

Wes said...

permission to breath granted :-) have fun with the running!

Julie D said...

I guess I got lucky with grad school apps, knowing that I only wanted to apply to one school. Not good for odds, though!

I suck at the treadmill now, even though it used to be my daily grind. But better than nothing!