Translate

Thursday, December 22, 2011

1st Round of Speedwork - DONE!!

This MNFirefly is DEFINITELY back!

I started my 5 mile speedwork with a mile warm-up at 5.2 MPH. Then I did my 1st mile interval at 6 MPH (10:00/mi) before bringing it back down to 5.4 MPH for a 1/2 mile. I started my 2nd and final interval at 6 MPH and then brought it up 6.2 MPH (9:40/mi) for the last 1/2 mile before bringing it back down to 5.4 MPH for a 1/2 mile. Then I did a mile cooldown at 5.2 MPH. I felt really good during the entire run and very strong. I made sure that I did a TON of stretching and hit the foam roller afterwards.

One year ago, I could barely do 15 minutes and was on my way for my 2nd knee surgery. Today, I am stronger than EVER even though my speed could use some improvement in order to return to my pre-surgery self. But I am happy with what I see so far.

In the words of Elton John: "The B**** is BACK!"

No comments: