Translate

Monday, March 28, 2011

Physical Therapy, GRE, Psychopathology...OH MY!

I am sorry that I have not posted anything in a while since my 2nd knee surgery. Things have been semi-crazy here since the surgery. Here's a short synopsis of my life since the surgery:
  • Physical Therapy - I am still going to Physical Therapy twice a week. It's a very, very slow process getting healed up from the surgery. I have had to learn a lot of patience and control my frustration during the process. I still have fluid in my knee as I come up to the end of my 2nd month since the surgery. I can confidently ride an recumbent bike without much pain, but looking forward to riding the real thing very soon. (And looking forward to the weather to warm up too.) It really restricts my ROM (Range of Motion) and interferes with some activities that I take for granted (and won't take for grant ever again.)
  • Grad School Applications/GRE - I am in the process of studying for the GRE, which I have set for June 18, 2011. I have have cramming as much as vocabulary words as my brain can handle. I also have been continuing to look at the programs that I am interested in and slowly moving forward so I can start working on essays, transcripts, etc.
  • I have taken up more and more knitting in order to deal with the lack of running and cycling in my life. I have finished a couple of projects so far and working on two more in the works.
  • Current School - I am still on a straight "A' streak. I hope for it to continue in this challenging class that I am in right now.....so far so good. It really will help come the application time. I am enjoying myself and looking forward to the challenges that I wait for me for the rest of the program. I can't wait to add, "M.A." to the end of my name, but not as much as "Ph.D".
That's all I have for now. Until next time...

2 comments:

Wes said...

Nice to see you are staying busy. The persistent tortoise wins the race :-) and really? a straight "A" streak? I might need some tutoring :-D`

RunningOnCoffee said...

psychology, running, biking, knitting...how did I not find your blog sooner!? :)