Translate

Monday, November 15, 2010

Life of Physical Therapy and Weight Gain


**gulp**

Sh**!

That's my reaction once I looked at the scale. Since I have not been running (or doing any intense cardio), I am not surprised to the numbers go up. Until about two weeks ago, I was severely limited in what I could and couldn't do.

I finally got my butt to the gym today and worked out on the elliptical. I can still feel quite a bit of tension and tightness in my knee when I first started. As I progressed on the elliptical, the muscles around my knee warmed up and loosened up. After I finished, I didn't feel any pain in the joint nor had any problems. I know that I have several weeks of therapy and exercises before I can fully get back to running. I really want to get back on the treadmill and eventually get back on running path in the spring.

But right now, I am focusing on the moment. I need to work again on my diet and tighten it up. With the holidays coming up, it's going to be quite the challenge. But I need to lose the extra 10 lbs that I gained since the injury. I made the first step by re-joining Weight Watchers with the hubby and working together to eat better through this time. It will take time and will be worth it.

2 comments:

Scarlett said...

Glad to read a post! Good luck with this journey!

bobbi said...

I've been wondering how you've been doing. Glad to hear that things are progressing (albeit slowly) in the right direction....

Don't worry TOO much about the extra pounds - they'll fall back off once your activity level goes back to normal.