Translate

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Practice makes perfect

Yes, it's now perfect!

I woke up early this morning at 5:30 AM to run in very humid conditions. I kept my pre-run meal very simple to just a Marathon energy bar. I allowed myself some time to digest it since I am prone to acid-reflex (aka 2nd taste of my meal). I even hit the money for the timing of my new pre-run asthma rescue inhaler to 30-35 minutes and I think it made a huge difference this morning. I even took a packet of salt before I left the house (ack!) and chased it with a glass of water to combat the humidity since I knew I was going to sweat like a b**** today. Everything ended up making for a much easier run for me. I loved it!

After I finished my run, I found myself with my sunglasses being foggy along with looking like I took a shower in my own sweat. I was soaked. I just need to remember to pack a towel or two before I head out for a run - MENTAL NOTE! Now I deserve this rest day that I earned.

Mile 1 9:25
Mile 2 9:25
Mile 3 9:31
Mile 4 8:59

Avg Pace - 9:20/mi

1 comment:

Wes said...

Great run! LOL... you probably don't need salt for a 4 miler, but it certainly doesn't hurt, and the big boost you got from way everything just came together shows. Well done!!