Translate

Saturday, June 26, 2010

11 miles that kicked my A**!

This week's long run was a challenge. I was awaken at 4:30 AM by another round of frequent thunder and lightning. I determined right away that I will have to wait a couple of hours to head out to run. I then went back to sleep until 7 AM.

When I woke up, I got ready for my run. Before I left the house, I discovered that my run bottle had mold it that did not get clean properly. I was forced to not take it with me during my run. I was bummed about that. When I reached the lakefront, the start of my run was humid, but the temperatures was comfortable. I had a very nice breeze from the lake. I had excellent splits up until mile 8 and thought I would be able to finish my run stronger than last week. But the wheels completely came off and I struggled to finish my run. I had to walk portions of my run, which I do not do anymore. I also dealt with leg cramps during that portion of my run. When I finished my run, I walked off the leg cramps and continued to obtain fluids while walking. The intake of fluids did not help with cramps and I ended up walking into the ER where I used to work. I was given a bag of fluids to help me rehydrate, which helped a lot.

Now I am home relaxing and plan to take it easy tomorrow. I have a longer run schedule next weekend, which I plan to take some of the hydration lessons with hopes that the weather's more cooperating.

Mile 1 9:28
Mile 2 9:10
Mile 3 9:17
Mile 4 9:29
Mile 5 9:18
Mile 6 9:25
Mile 7 9:26
Mile 8 9:28
Mile 9 9:56
Mile 10 10:07
Mile 11 10:21

Avg Pace - 9:35/mi

1 comment:

Scarlett said...

Wow!! This is intense--be careful and rest up