Translate

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Last Long Run for North Shore

Well, peeps, I did it! I completed my 12 mile this morning. I was nervous to start the run because I did not know how well I would do. But I got it done. The second half of the run I started to struggle. I had to keep my mind positive and not let it get me down. My legs started to get sore around mile 10. When I heard the signal for mile 11, I started to attempt to kick it up a notch for the last mile. I disappointed the splits and was hoping for something faster.

After I completed the run, I grabbed something to eat. I also purchased a bag of ice to do a much needed ice bath once I got home. I am going to take a nap soon and get a massage tonight so I recover gracefully. Plus I am officially in TAPER TIME mode for North Shore.

Tommorow - REST DAY!

Mile 1 - 9:19
Mile 2 - 9:17
Mile 3 - 9:18
Mile 4 - 9:25
Mile 5 - 9:21
Mile 6 - 9:37
Mile 7 - 9:37
Mile 8 - 9:44
Mile 9 - 9:38
Mile 10 - 9:34
Mile 11 - 9:35
Mile 12 - 9:55
Total Time: 1:54:27
Avg Pace - 9:32/mi

9 comments:

chia said...

Great job! Enjoy your well deserved rest!

Jess said...

Those look like pretty fantastic splits to me! Nice job.

Neese said...

excellent job Denise, you deserve an icy rest! :)

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

You have every reason to be proud of what you've accomplished.  Just think of the runner you were just a few months ago!

And don't worry -- there's still time to add some speed before the big race, even in taper.

I believe in you!

Wes said...

Nice long run!! Will we be seeing sub-2 soon :-)

L*I*S*A said...

I can't tell you slowed down at all! You did a fantastic job. :) You're gonna smoke 'em at the half.

teacherwoman said...

Mind over matter .. .right? You definitely rocked that run! Great digits!

Danielle said...

Have fun with the taper!

Taunya said...

Those are very impressive times, and I mean that!!!!

Hope you enjoyed the massage!