Translate

Saturday, March 15, 2008

6 miles......DONE!!

Today was a really great day to go to the gym after a wild day of work. It is SO hard to work on the weekends because I have problems getting my long runs done AFTER work. But today was an exception. I went to the gym and found there was hardly ANYONE on the treadmills. It was pure HEAVEN! I had NO guilt in using a treadmill for longer than 30 minutes and pressure to get off around that time. I watched my Gophers play against Illinois during the Semis. (And LOST....that's another blog post!) The times went very quickly by. I was able to get negative splits done and finish my last mile in 9:42/mile (It kinda equals 8:15 - 8:30 on the trails without the resistance of the treadmill from my experience - SUPER FAST!)

When I got done, I REALLY, REALLY made sure that I stretched because I was already starting to feel my muscles tightening up. I even endulged in the foam rubber for a "beating" so I do not feel sore later.

Right now, I am starting feel VERY, VERY sleepy from my run. Time to go to bed and allow the muscle fibers to rebuild. Rest day is tommorow and back to work for one more day.

Today's Workout
6.04 miles
65:00
10:45/mile

8 comments:

lollybot said...

Don't you just love those days when you don't have to abruptly end your workout at 30 minutes! Shoot, it feels like that's a critical point in running and they just boot you off!

Great pace!

Neese said...

I admire your improved pace... you are doing so great Denise! :)

Wes said...

Nice run, speedy :-) Sorry to hear about the Gophers :-( and I really do appreciate the kind email you sent!!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

It's too bad you have to work on your "rest" day.

At least we can enjoy some "age dashi" tonight!

chia said...

I'm getting speed envy :-).

Kudos to you in so many regards - I respect anyone with the conviction to actually stay on a treadmill longer than 30 minutes! Now that's dedication!

Spring better hit the midwest soon man. I am in VA right now and not sure I have the strength to give up the ideal weather and return to MI!

Huge smiles your way!

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the run! As far as the Gophers go?... no comment. ;)

L*I*S*A said...

Great job on the run...I always love my post-run nap, too.

LeahC said...

I was able to get negative splits done and finish my last mile in 9:42/mile (It kinda equals 8:15 - 8:30 on the trails without the resistance of the treadmill from my experience - SUPER FAST!)

Um...I think you'll actually be slower when you go outside (I mean nice job on the run and all...) But when you say...on the trails without the resistance of the treadmill...the ground has the same resistance, plus wind resistance, PLUS the big one being that outside you don't have the treadmill belt doing 1/2 the work for you (namely pulling your leg back for you).