Translate

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Making the commitment again...

In order to get myself out of the PMS funk, I have made the big decision to re-join Team in Training for my 3rd event to train for Chicago Marathon. I have been thinking about it for the last 3 months, but to delayed my decision until now. I am a little nervous about the fundraising, but hopefully will be a little easier this time around. It has been over a year since I have done any fundraising for Team in Training. I have contacted the Illinois chapter office and left a message to sign up. I am so thankful to be an alumni and not have to pay the $75 application fee. I also want to do it at least one more time for my dad.

I will put my fundraising page as soon as I get it set-up. I hope to get as much support as I received back in 2006 when I was preparing for P.F. Chang's.

Today, after a morning and afternoon of laziness, Josh and I will be heading to the gym for some running. I will hope to get 4 miles done today to prepare for Shamrock Shuffle. I am thankful that the sun made its return today. Josh also has something special surprise in store for me after we go to the gym.

Good luck to those doing Disney and P.F. Chang's this weekend. You all can do it!!

5 comments:

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Congratulations on taking this committment.  We both have a big running season ahead and I'm confident you're up to the challenge.  Go get 'em!

L*I*S*A said...

You'll do great in both running and fundraising. :)

Pat said...

I'll be looking for your TnT page. I wish you were here this year. We had a 20 runner dinner and it reminded me of lunch with you, jenny and my wife last year.

Dori said...

There's nothing like signing up for a race to get motivated to train! Good for you and good luck.

Danielle said...

Nooo...come on, Twin Cities is THE place to be for marathon this fall...:)