Translate

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Goals for 2008

I have many goals for 2008. Some of them are running related. Some of them are personal related.

1. Beat my 5K PR - GOAL TIME < 27:00
2. Beat my 8K PR at the Shamrock Shuffle - GOAL TIME < 45:00 (Ok..that's more destroy the old time by LOTS!)
3. Beat my HM PR at the North Shore Half Marathon - GOAL TIME < 2:00
4. Beat marathon PR and complete my 2nd marathon in Chicago - GOAL TIME < 4:30
5. Start preparing for taking the LSATS in late-summer/early-fall
6. Complete my Law School applications by Christmas and turn them in.
7. Find a new job in the legal field - total career change.
8. Find more different Vegetarian dishes so I can slowly make the permament switch (still going to eat my fish and Sushi - rest is going Buh-bye!)
9. Lose the last 2 lbs that I have left to go before the end of January.

That's all of them in a nut shell.

11 comments:

Dori said...

Happy New Year, Denise! Those are good goals. I haven't even thought about my goals for 2008, but maybe I'll make one of them a 30 minute 5K.

L*I*S*A said...

Sounds like excellent goals to me!!

Danielle said...

Wow...switch to veg...I could never do it. Love my steak and hamburgers way too much!!

I'm still saying, #2 should be at Twin Cities...we have a HUGE group coming here...and big party planned downtown after!

Dee said...

Oh man the LSATS were intense when I took them. GOOD LUCK! I would be happy to recommend some good study aides if you're in need or want to brush up (I'm sure you are studying and prepping!).

I love a lot of your goals and I'm glad I stumbled upon this!

P.O.M. said...

Eeeeexxxxcelent (Like Mr. Burns from the Simpsons says).

Tiggs said...

Denise- I was in the legal field before LE. I would recommend getting a paralegal position and working at a firm while you are applying to schools/taking LSAT etc. It will give you an advantage in law school and also help you see if you will like it.

Jess said...

Those are great goals! Good luck with them.

Jess said...

That a great set of goals! I'm sure you'll do awesome with them!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

I'm with you the whole way, sweetheart.

Now go use that foam roller.

Pat said...

good goals. Butttttt, the only problem I see is going to law school. If you do that you end up working with a bunch of lawyers. Just kiddin', I think the law profession could always use another good person like you.

Bill said...

Denise -

I don't anything about LSATs or vegetarian eating, but I can definitely relate to your running and weight goals!

I'm guessing you'll do well on both. Here's hoping for a cooler Chicago Marathon in '08!