Translate

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Catching up with Firefly

Well, during my sabbatical, a lot of things went on in this Firefly's life. I won't go into complete details, but here's a short list of them.
  1. Witnessed a baby being born (ok - already born by the time we - and all calvary of 15 ob/gyn docs - got there) inside of a parked SUV in the ER loading area where I work at 6:50 in THE MORNING. I guess the baby could NOT wait at all.
  2. Finished another undergrad course with another "A" and now 4 classes away from graduating with my Bachelor of Science degree.
  3. Made a final decision to go onto grad school after graduation and in the process of applying towards schools that I am interested in. I am looking towards working on a Master's Degree in Education with a specialty in Adult Education. I am interested in taking a month off in January to give myself a little break before jumping into the Master's Degree program. Josh has challenged me to go onto a Ph.D program if I do as well in the Master's Degree as in this current undergrad program. We have a little agreement with that if it holds true, but won't go into any details until I make that decision. I will have to see in a year or so to see if that holds true.
I would like to thank everyone for that wonderful comments you made in my last post. I appreciate all of the support I am receiving right now. I am still working on stuff on my own, but ready to return slowly into the blogworld. I am working on my way back to the top of the pile again.

9 comments:

Neese said...

Josh is a good man to support and encourage you to shoot for wonderful things, you CAN do it! Nice to see you back, it would not be blogworld without you! :)

Jess said...

Welcome back!

L*I*S*A said...

Sounds like things have been progressing along nicely. It's nice to have you back in the blogsosphere. :)

Jess said...

Congrats on another A! You are rocking that undergrad program! Hopefully things play out well with the rest of your courses and you'll be ready to tackle to grad work with a full head of steam!

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back!

I was a little shocked when I read #1. Crazy!!

Good luck with your courses, I know how you feel being a "collegegirl" myself ;-)

Dori said...

Wow, you're close to graduating. Congratulations on your A. I think it's a good idea to get a Master's Degree; I regret that I didn't do it right after I got my bachelor's degree four years ago. I could have had it by now. :-(

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Glad to see your blog back in circulation.

Now you just need to give your public what it wants: photos!

carmen said...

so was witnessing the birth of the baby really like that scene in "knocked up"? that had to be intense!

hooray for the A! that is wonderful!

welcome back, missed ya

Danielle said...

I'm considering a PhD in underwater basketweating AFTER I get my MBA