Translate

Monday, May 21, 2007

Weekend Summary...and 1st day back on treadmill

Well, this weekend did not go as completely planned. First, we did not expect our flight to MN on Friday landing at the "other terminal" and ended up taking a shuttle to get our rental car. It added time that we did not have at all. After we got our rental car, we met up with Danielle at a local bar where Josh had a drink (I stuck with water since I was doing the driving.) in celebration of her birthday. We even bought her a drink before we left. We left the bar and were pretty tired. Josh and I had been up since the early hours of the morning and did not get a nap in at all. The drive to my mom's house, where we were spending our first night, was a minimum of 45 to 60 minutes and at 10 PM, it was a VERY long drive. By the time, we reached there we were SO tired that we crashed without much thought. Saturday Since we were both SO tired from the night before, we made a decision to completely miss the 5K that were expected to do. It would have required us to get up at 6 AM, which we did not want to do. Instead, we both slept in and enjoy the extra few hours of sleep. After we woke up, we went out for a quick run. In the end, it was a VERY good thing that I was missing the 5K because I struggled to run 2 miles...period. To exact, I ran 1.74 mile at an average pace of 10:06/mile. I was struggling with shin splints again, which I do have to feeling are contributed by the need for new running shoes. **sigh** I feel like I really sucked during the run. I wanted to do so much better because I know that I have the potential to do so. After the run, I went back into the house while Josh ran another 1 to 2 miles on the country roads. We then cleaned up before heading off to pick up my kids for a fun day with them. We made a quick shopping stop at my favorite Target store for some supplies. (Note to the GMR runners: Ask Josh about the videos that the kids and him made while I was shopping for shorts and during my other quick stop - some of the stuff made this mom really blush and pray that they don't repeat in front of their dad and step-mom. Stuff of babes!) Then we headed to our new favorite ice cream shop, Izzy's,where I could not decide which flavor to go with. Then it was off to the hotel. We got an awesome deal at an AmeriSuites in Eden Prairie. It was an awesome setup for all of us. The first item on the agenda when we got there - THE POOL. The kids were insistent in going into the pool for some fun swimming. It was a very fun time with them. After some swimming, we headed off to dinner at Don Pablos. We did not have to drive at all to get there. It was very short walk through the parking lot to get there. The kids enjoyed the dinner. Since we were not driving anywhere and just heading back to the hotel room for a quick in-room movie, Josh and I had a margarita (okay - mine was a strawberry one). Both of us were in high on adreniline from the swim that we wanted to wind down since we would have to make it an early evening for the kids' sake. Well, it turned out that way. In fact, I was starting to pass out a little bit from the drink - mostly because of tequila which I already know that does not agree with me at all. I know that it was biting me in the ass telling me that I should have NOT had it period. But it's one of those things that you have to learn. Unfortunately, the effect of the margarita hit me the NEXT MORNING. My kids were SO good about not waking Josh and I and even MADE THEIR BED before we woke up. I seriously thought at least ONE child would have jumped into bed, but no - it did not happen at all. I have the best kids - seriously. It was hard to wake up. In fact, I struggled a bit to wake up - after sleep for over 10 hours (which was sleep that I needed a lot for later that night!) I was okay for the first hour. Then when I went down for the free breakfast, it hit me HARD. The headache STARTED. It felt like someone was squishing my head together from the sides. Then Josh, who was cooped up the hotel room, had the HUGE idea of going somewhere with the kids until I had to return them to their dad at 12 noon - CHUCK E. CHEESE's. Yes, I survived a HANGOVER at Chuck E. Cheese's. It was a very bad idea, but it made the kids very happy and entertained. But after some Advil and LOTS of caffeine in my system, I was feeling MUCH better....until the Advil wore off at the Airport. UGH! After I dropped the kids off, I took Josh to my favorite Jewish deli, Cecil's, located in St. Paul near the College of St. Catherine's campus. I wanted to take him there during the last trip he was in MN, but things fell through. We enjoyed some VERY yummy corned beef on egg white bread. Yummmy! (Note: To answer, Alison's question from my last long blog entry - NO, I am not Jewish, but Josh is. I am just a very bad converted Catholic girl.) Afterwards, we headed to the airport to drop the rental car off and then take the shuttle back to the "other" airport. Then we FINALLY headed home after a long delay - over 30 minutes - plus another 30 minutes in the air. We did not get home last night until past 10 PM. We were both VERY tired.....again. I got ready for bed and for the next AM. Today Well, I had a very long day. After work, I head to the gym and got on the treadmill for the first time in 5 months. It felt MUCH better than being outside on the road. NO shin splints and was able to complete a FULL 30 minute workout ending at a 10:43/mile pace at last 8 minutes. Then Josh and I took our bikes into the bike shop for some much needed repairs and tune-up. We will pick them up after I get off work. Time to relax before going to bed. It's going to be another long day. Today's workout 30 minutes - Treadmill Run 2.58 miles 11:37/mile 25 minutes - Bike 2.2 miles

5 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

I'm tired just reading your post! Whew!

Wes said...

Sounds like a great, but tiring, fun filled weekend :-)

Danielle said...

Ah man, if I had known you were at EP I would've stopped by and said hi. I didn't go out till around 8:30 that night so had free time during the day. Probably a good call on the skipping the 5K...Thanks again for the beer and the Sebastian Joe's bucks...I think I'll visit my favorite location in Linden Hills to spend them...:) Yummy...they have the only fruity ice cream I like! :)

! said...

yay for both of us.. more for you cause you actually did the running, but i will back up there tomorrow.. :( in the is 100+ degree weather.. I wonder is that healthY??

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

*Sigh* We'll always have Coon Rapids.