- NO surgery....yet. (see below) That's the GOOD news!
- The doc found wear and tear damage on my meniscus, but not enough to warrant surgery....yet.
- My bad ass, very naughty, mother f***er, does not listen to me, hurts like a bitch IT band (you get the point!) showed a lot of inflammation in the MRI, which is another contributing factor to my pain. Well, you can say now that it's BOTH issues that are bothering me with the IT band being the worst (I beg to differ on that!)
- Start PT as soon as I get myself in to be seen (UPDATE: 1st appointment is the morning of March 6th)
- The doc told me that I can not run for at least 6 weeks. In fact, I was placed on desk duty - NO walking around - for that same amount of time so I can allow my knee to rest properly. (Can we say drive this Firefly NUTS?!)
- If my knee does not heal or improve during the 6 weeks, I will be getting a referral to a Ortho surgeon for an arthoscopy consult.
- I purchased myself a new knee wrap with the doughnut hole for my patella under the advise of my ortho doc to help with the progression of swelling in my knee and lower quad from the meniscus/IT band crap.
- I lost 1/2 lbs of the damn fluid in my legs when I put myself on the scale. (Yayyyy!! More good news!)
Well, I am sitting here at my desk right now trying to be good. I will be pampering myself tommorow by getting my hair done in the morning. I have a very important weekend in store when I leave Sunday morning to head to Chicago for the major important job interview. Plus I get the opportunity to meet Josh's mom on Sunday for brunch so I really need to look good (even though someone will beg to differ on that part.)