Translate

Thursday, November 16, 2006

What the hell?

MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons
Fellow RBF friends, you are NEVER going to believe this. One of the local radio stations in the Twin Cities has CHRISTMAS music on ALREADY. WTF?! I was being warned that they will switching to play 24/7 of Christmas music during the last two weeks since I returned back home from Colorado. People, it has not been Thankgiving yet! I do not mind listening to it. I just do not want to be burned out of listening before Christmas arrives. Well, I guess I will switching radio stations until after Christmas. Anyhoo, I woke up at 9:45 and got ready for another morning to cross-training. I headed to the gym. My favorite machine was being used by someone, but was able to hop on when they were finished after spending 4 minutes on the current machine. I was able to put in a total of 45 minutes today at a good pace. I was able to ice before AND after my work-out session. I made sure I did my ankle exercises, ball squats and stretched my ankles. Then I headed home and got ready for work, Tommorow will be another cross-training day. I have a meeting in the morning with a rep in our school's HR department for a paper I need to work on and due by Sunday. BTW, an update on the food drive. The staff/faculty are only down by 18. One part of the friendly competition is that group can LOSE points if someone places hygene products into another group's bin. Well, someone placed 10 of those products in our bin. Oh well! The charity who receives the food and stuff are the TRUE winners! Today's work-out 45 minutes - Eliptical machine 4.32 miles 505 calories burned 10:24/mile pace - that's MUCH better!! MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons

14 comments:

IronWaddler said...

Chicago started xmas music 24 hours a day on Nov. 1. WOW

MNFirefly said...

Oh...my...gawd!! At least I am not alone. Geeez!

Mmem said...

WTG on the workout!!!!! How's the ankle feeling????

GL on the food drive:-)

MNFirefly said...

It's feeling okay. Ice is my friend even with little pain.

Wes said...

Keep working hard, but remember the ankle comes first!

MNFirefly said...

**sigh** I know, I know. **sigh**

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the cross training... make sure you take care of yourself though.

Nat said...

Great job with the workouts! I was in Chicago last weekend and they ARE playing the Christmas music. Remind me again, it's what month? :)

MNFirefly said...

It's supposed to be November - one week BEFORE Thanksgiving, not afterwards. **sigh**

My Life said...

I feel for you, but try working retail... the carols have been non-stop since our "Christmas Shop" opened mid-October. And hey, be thankful you have more than one radio station there! ;)

Jess said...

The day after halloween, every store in this region had x-mas stuff in it -- turkey day is totally getting the shaft.

Kurt said...

Just shoot me before they start all that xmas music.

How is the ankle now that your aircasting it?

TX Runner Mom said...

Target had out Christmas stuff before halloween..now that's just plain crazy!!!

onepinkfuzzy said...

woo hoo, xmas music!!!!