Translate

Monday, November 13, 2006

Gloomy Monday

Today was a very gloomy day. The weather was very cloudy. Overnight we had some freezing rain and snow, which made the roads very messy as I slept. Plus I had a morning chiropractor appointment too. I was not comfortable with driving by myself so I enlisted my husband to help out especially with my ankle issues. The chiropractor visit really helped a lot. I decided to get fitted for the orthodic inserts to help support my ankle. I have enough time to break them in especially I wear them at work before I gradually start wearing them during long runs. I am still due for a new pair of running shoes before the marathon. I plan to keep my current selection of the NB 767's. It's an awesome shoe. After the visit, we drove home. I ate lunch before heading out for a work-out. As I worked-out, the sun started to come out. Then I headed home to shower. I quickly vacuumed the apartment, which has been neglected since my injury. Then I checked my mail, found my husband's paycheck, and headed to the bank to deposit it for him since he was at work. Afterwards, I spent the rest of the evening doing next to nothing...and I did not care. It felt SO good. Tommorow's another cross-training day in the morning. Wednesday will be day off since I have a doctor's appointment in the morning unless I get done very quickly...dream on! Today's workout 33 minutes - Eliptical machine 2.79 miles 11:39/mile - Oh ICK!! 377 calories burned MySpace Icons
MySpace Icons

4 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Vaccuuming counts as a form of exercising, too! Don't forget to count that!

Full Metal Lunchbox said...

Get those new shoes ASAP.  Makes a huge difference.

Regular foot massages also help.  Put your husband to work!

Jess said...

Ahh, "next to nothing" is almost as good as plain "nothing."

runner26 said...

I, too, love the NB 767s!