Tuesday, September 12, 2006

4 miles....done!!

Well, I still feel good. The ankle feels really good. I did not wake up sore this morning. Everything's good. And the sun FINALLY came out today. Wahoooo! I had a hard time waking up this AM because I got my deep sleep interupted by my husband waking up at 7 a.m. so he could move his car out of the parking lot. The apartment people were working resurfacing work...ugh! When he came back into bed, he was attempting have a conversation with me....even tho' I was trying to SLEEP! But I was able to sleep until 9:45 this morning when I realized that I needed to get 4 miles done today. I woke up and get myself. I decided today to step on the scale to see if what my weight is now. It's been over 3 weeks since I have done it so I was curious. To my surprise, I was down 3.5 lbs. Cool! I know that I have been working really hard on my marathon training and that may play a part of it. Plus I have been not doing much of emotional eating lately, which is REALLY good. If I am upset, I usually hold off until I can either get my daily mileage in or do something else to distract myself. I do have to confess that I bought myself a whole pumpkin pie, which I have been slowly eating. Yummmm! I also have a good (and LARGE!) sangria on Sunday at Don Pablos along with my favorite Tortilla Soup and a chicken quesadilla, which was really Yummy...and the sangria made me a little tipsy too. Tee-hee! When I got to the gym, I stretched and reminded myself to take it SLOW. No going over my comfort zone. I need to get myself back into running. Time is not an issue right now. It's a time to get back into the swing of running. It's not a race right now. My legs still felt good. My foot was a little sore, but I know it's from its fight with shoes and wanting to overpronate. It will take a little time to get used to them. It's a recovery week mileage and a good time to get used the shoes. I felt good during the treadmill and was able to cool down really good. I then stretched and then headed to the post office to mail out three applications. Then it was off to home to shower, eat, and get ready for work. My left hip was a little sore this afternoon after the run, but I know it's due to working really hard at getting back to running. Nothing major! It resolved itself after a little walking around at work. Tommorow's 3 miles. I have a test to take tommorow instead of working for a potential police department. Then on Thursday, it will either be cross-training day or rest day. It depends on Friday pans out. Today's work-out 4 mile - running (Treadmill) 51:28 12:52/mile


Michele said...

glad you were able to get another good run in without too much pain.
keep up the good work

WADDLER26.2 said...

Good run! Hang in there.

Anne said...

Great job on the weight loss. Sounds like just the way to do it too. Sangria and all.

Nicole said...

Glad things are coming together.