Tuesday, September 19, 2006

4 miles done

Well, after a long day yesterday, I woke up and took my time to get out for my 4 mile run. I had very crazy day yesterday with losing my power for almost 24 hours and having to check e-mail and post my blog from the local library. It was very upset, which caused me to become emotionally drained. On top of that, I was up at 6 am for a training on our new digital radios. I relaxed (and was really trying to be) when I lost power in my apartment. It called the electric company who told me that it could be up to 24 hours before it may be turned on. I was so upset. I was trying to get police application done on my day off. It was bad enough that the skies were very cloudy and gloomy. I ended up taking a nap around 3:30 for about a hour, which was what I needed. When I woke up, the power was still not on, which upset me more. I got as much stuff done that did not require the use of electricity as I could before it got dark. Once it almost became dark, I headed to the library to read e-mail and post my blog. Then I went to Whole Foods for some dinner since I could not cook anything at home. Then I headed to Barnes & Noble to get something to read and kill some time before my husband got home. I also used this time to clean the interior of my car, which really needed it. Once I got home again, I lit as many candles as I could to generate some lighting. Then I put any feline creatures that had more than 2 paws into the bedroom (both cats!) to prevent any accidents involving the candles. I talked to one of my friends on the phone before my husband got home. Once he got home, he finished eating some dinner before heading to bed since we could not do anything without any electricity.

I woke up at 9 am with no electricity still (and getting really mad!) I took my time to get out of bed before heading to the gym. I ran my 4 miles with little pain in my legs. It felt really good to get all of the adrenaline out of my system from yesterday and this morning. Once I got home from the gym, I headed home for a shower and got ready for work.

tomorrow I have 5 miles scheduled, but I plan to change it to 5 miles of cross-training on my elliptical machine since I have to running most of the week so far. I have another 5 mile schedule for Thursday, which I plan to keep as planned. I just hope that the sun finally makes an appearance tomorrow.

Today's work-out

4 miles - run (treadmill)




Michele said...

Man, that is a long time to be without power. What a pain.

Great job on the 4 miles.

Wes said...

What a pain in the arse for you and your family. Don't fret over things you have no control over. Great job on getting out and running! Did you and your husband find any stress relieving activities to do in the dark ;-) So, you are filling out your application for full-time?? I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Firefly's Running said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Firefly's Running said...

He was at work and was HOME ALONE for 8 hours. It was a really big PAIN!

Jess said...

oh man that's a total pain losing power for that long would drive me insane! at least you were able to get out of the house to the library and the gym. good luck getting your runs in!

Jess said...

Living without power is stressful. Last year, after hurricane Wilma, we were without power for 14 days!