Translate

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Very nice running!

Well, after a long night of my computer not behaving, I amazed myself and got up at 9:30 this morning. After a little prepping and eating, I was out the door by 10:30 and at my favorite running spot by 11 a.m. It was a very beautiful morning - still in the high 60's. Perfect Firefly running weather! I was planning a recovery/easy run today, but legs did not exactly get the message. They wanted to continue in the same comfortable pace - like Saturday's pace. Ah...no! Mind: It's supposed to be a recovery run. Legs: Recovery run, my a$$! Let's keep the comfy pace we did on Saturday. Mind: No, you will just bonk out. Legs: No, I won't. Mind: Whatever! And YES, my legs did bonk out at mile 2.25. I had to take a little bit slower pace and push myself gently. Yes, gently! I managed to finish my 3 mile run. It was fun, but I need to refuel and quick. I took my cool-down walk back and forth to the water fountain near the port-a-potties. (Ewww!). I got a nice cool drink of water and able to get my pulse down back to normal. Then it was my favorite trip to Jamba Juice and then getting my supplies at Whole Foods. Once I was finished, I headed home, showered, and then got ready for work. Tommorow's a cross-training day. Thursday will be another run day along with Saturday. Friday will be a rest day so I can take the "big exam". Today's Work-out 3 mile run 32:19 10:46/mile

6 comments:

teacherwoman said...

way to go!

LeahC said...

sounds like a nice run. I love Whole Food, but I don't nearly shop there enough....everytime I go, I want everything :-)

Kurt said...

the cooler weather must be nice. Still bloody hot here. Keep the running going!

jeanne said...

Nice job! You're doing fantastic!

Neese said...

that is great you got in a morning run! that happens for me so few times! and ah yes whole foods is the best!

IronWaddler said...

Great job- I love morning runs when the air feels so fresh!