Translate

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Cross-Training Thursday

It's another cross-training Thursday. No A/C running again today in my house. It has been very nice. I woke up at 9:30 a.m. and slowly got out of bed. I got dressed, ate breakfast, and got my stuff ready to head to the gym. I spent 40 minutes on the eliptical machine as I read one of the chapters in my textbook. Once I was done, I head to the weight room where I worked on my upper body and abs. I was out of the gym by 1:15. I headed home and then prepped to get ready for work. It was an easy day. Tommorow's a rest day for me because I had a written exam for a job I applied for. I plan another cross-training day on Saturday where I will work on weight lifting on my lower body. Today's work-out 40 minutes - Eliptical 4.08 miles 384 calories 9:48/mile - HOLY S*@&!! I wish I could do that while I am running.

9 comments:

Laurie said...

Great job on the sub-10 minute elliptical mile. I haven't done that in a long time but it feels good.

Running by.... said...

Good luck on your new potential job. Why to tell the eliptical who's boss.

Lana said...

Nice workout!!

Lisa said...

Gotta love not having to use the a/c!

Marty said...

Nice workout! Good luck in your upcoming 5k race:)

Marty

Dori said...

Good luck on your 5K Sunday. If you see me running around the lakes, say hi. I'll be wearing my hair in a ponytail with a white cap, sunglasses, and a water belt with extra packets on each side to make my already wide body appear wider. :-)

Rose said...

Excellent training day! So nice to give the AC a rest, isn't it!

Rae said...

Wow, no AC! I can't even imagine!

Happy training!

Anne said...

Hope the race went well. And, you know, you do look like L. Lohan, but you've got to have a better attitude. She keeps getting fired because of her partying (at least according to the local newspaper).