Translate

Monday, August 21, 2006

Cross-training Monday

Well, I had a very fun day today. It is the 2nd day of the first week of marathon training. Today was a cross-training day. Yesterday my day was a little off for a bit. I worked up until 3 am. I was in bed by 4 am and up by 11:30 am. I woke up, got dressed, and slowly ate breakfast. My kids arrived. My husband had coupons given by my in-laws for bowling. I finished breakfast and then headed out with the kids. The kids and my husband bowled three games and ate lunch. Then we went to Sport Authority to look at running stuff. My husband purchased a new bottle system. I bought another container of Body Glide. Then we went to Barnes & Noble for get my son a book for school. It was an item on this school supply list. Afterwards, I took them home with their dad. Then it was time for my husband and I. We went to get treats and dropped my husband off at home so I can go grocery shopping. I was up by 9:30 this morning. I ate breakfast. My husbsnd had an important job interview. He applied for another promotion at work. Anticipation turned into anxiety - BIG TIME! Once he called me after the interview, I started to relax and then head to the gym for a very good work-out. I did some cross-training and weight training. After my work-out, I headed home, showered, and then checked my grades. I am now on a two week break from school. It is wonderful to do NOTHING. No studying! No homework! Well, I found my final grade and it's amazing. It's another A. I have a 4.0 GPA this semester. It's awesome! Tonight was the shoe and gear meeting with TNT. I attended the meeting. It was a fun meeting - a lot of review. The guy from one of the running store gave stuff away by people answering questions. I won a new pair of running socks that's shown on the beginning of the blog. It's ironic because it has FLAMES on them for this Firefly! Cool! Tommorow's my 2nd training run - 3 miles. Running is scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday too. Happy Monday! Today's work-out 45 minutes - Elliptical 4.32 miles 506 calories 10:24/mile Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Way to go, smarty pants! Great job on the 4.0.

The socks are very cool...love the flames!

Spandex King said...

Cool socks. I have the "Smile Mon" ragae socks. I always wear them to everyrace and never train in them. Funny how little things become your trademark. Now at races I'm the guy with the Rasta socks. Do you ever go to gear west? I love that store.

! said...

yay for the school grades. I hope I get a 4.0 this school semester too. that would be awesome..lots for study'n...

Cool new socks. those are very handy.. :) Keep up the training..

! said...

Elliptical...what kind of work out is that???? :)

onepinkfuzzy said...

yay for 4.0!