Translate

Saturday, August 26, 2006

4 mile run done!!!

Well, I got my sunshine this morning along with cooler temps too. It was a wonderful day to run. I was able to wake up 9 a.m. (out of bed by 9:30) and get ready for my run. I moved really slow this morning and I don't know why. I took my time getting ready. I knew that the temps would not budge much today - which it did do. I was out the door by 10:30 and set to run by 11:15. The start of the run was very smooth. I wore a new type of socks today - which I will NOT wear again. I could feel my right foot bouncing all around inside of my shoe. Not a good feeling. I stop after the 1st mile and adjusted the lace, which felt a little bit more smoother. I had some very smooth splits. After the turn-around point, I feel more faster as I was going slightly down-hill. I finished in good time. Splits Mile 1 - 10:48 Mile 2 - 11:29 Miles 3 - 10:56 Mile 4 - 10:59 After the run, I walked around to cool-down before heading to Whole Foods in St. Paul. I grabbed some goodies and headed home. Tommorow's the first group run that I will be attending since last season - 6 miles for me. Monday's in the air - either a rest day or be one of the days that I will switching with Wednesday - 4 miles. Today's work-out 4 mile run 44:12 11:03/mile 449 calories burned

3 comments:

Jess said...

I wish I could run at that time, but at this time of year, running at 11 am means running in 95 degree heat and humidity. It won't cool off here until mid-October.

Neese said...

those are fantastic splits you are increasing your mileage nicely! good job!

IronWaddler said...

Nice splits on your run! Run well done.