Translate

Monday, July 31, 2006

One more HOT day...

...and the relief is on its way. In the form of RAIN. YAYYYYYY! YAHOOO! YES!! I have never been so excited about rain, but we need it very badly here. Plus it hit over 100 degree - first time in 11 years. Ugh! Well, I had a very late night last night. I was out in the squad car with another officer - little bit of training and a little bit of fun getting bad guys out of the streets. I was out until 12:30, but did not get to bed until 2 am because of the adrenaline and just very hungry. I was able to get up and out of bed by 10 am. I headed to the gym for 45 minutes of cross-training on the elliptical machine. It was very fun. After I finished, I cooled down and stretched a lot! I focused on my IT band and shins. When I got home and showered, the Biofreeze went on - because I was too short on time. I headed out for my appointments. Then I dropped the hubby off to the in-laws before I went back out for more LEO stuff. First of all, it was a BIG pain to wear non-breathable fabrics in 100 deg. heat. Thank GOD for the A/C and not get out of the car. I did lots of driving. Well, the rain is almost here and need to finish reading blogs tonight going to bed. Depending on the weather and it stays dry, I will try to run OUTSIDE...Yes - or wait until Weds or so, which I will do cross-training tomorrow. Today's Work-out 45 minutes - Eliptical Machine 4.32 miles 504 calories 10:24/mile

9 comments:

21st Century Mom said...

Yeowch! Hot, hot, hot.... glad the rain is coming.

I learned something great the other day - Kevlar was invented by a woman! As a cop I thought you might appreciate that.

Danielle said...

Yes, definitely hot...but I still don't mind it. I even went 4 outside after work, but with your asthma, I can understand it not being good for you. This AM though, I was up and out the door at 5:40 for my run in rain...forgot the hat to keep water off my face, but man if felt good to come home dripping and not be from sweat!! :) Running in rain is fun!! Repeat after me...

Oh, and I know you're big on the smoothies, I just found a new yummy treat thanks to a free drink from Caribou that expired yesterday and I needed to use and didn't want to have caffeine before bed...the Pom-mango Smoothie there...it's sooooo yummy!! And there is a Caribou right by Whole Foods where you normally get your smoothies!!

Nicole said...

I'm glad to hear that MN is cooling off as I'm on my way up in a few days. Nice job on the work out.

angie's pink fuzzy said...

yay for rain!

Kristi said...

I hear you on the hot crap. Today is the second of three predicted 100+ degree days here in the Lou.
Nice job on getting the workout done!

Annette said...

I'm glad for you that your weather will be cooling down. That'll make those runs much easier.

TriBoomer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TriBoomer said...

Pleeeeeeeeeeease send some of that rain to Dallas.

Rose said...

We are supposed to get a cool front in a couple of days - I don't know if we'll get rain, but I will be grateful for any reduction in humidity. I'm sick of feeling like spit out chewed gum when I run.