Translate

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

It's a run day!!

Well, I got myself out of bed this morning at 8:30 am. After a few delays and prepping, I was out the door by 10:15. Instead of parking in the pay lot on the north side of Lake Calhoun, I chose to take a chance and park on the streets. I was lucky and found a spot right away. Today was very cloudy in the morning and looked like it might rain. I did not care because I was dressed appropriately for it. I decided to go the opposite direction on my run today just to give my IT band a change. Ah...I should have NOT done that because my shins and IT band did not like much during my run. I took an easy and comfortable pace during the run. I ended up getting caught in a light shower during the 1/3 mile of the run. I did not care. It actually felt really good (the opposite of Running Rabbit's view) since it was VERY humid today. When I crossed one mile mark, it stopped for the majority of the run. One observation I made during my run was that there were some women on the running path that should have had more chest support because EVERYTHING was bouncing up and down. It was a little ugly, but that's all I can say. I have seen some guys in my past runs that should have a shirt on too. As I was finishing, the damn side stitches were hitting again. I slowed down a little bit, but ultimately pushed through them. Plus it started raining as I finished, which was a good thing. Then as I was driving home (after a good stretch), the rain REALLY started to pour. I was able to finish my 5K run in 33:51 - shaving one minute from my time. YES! I stopped to get my smoothie and a few items that I missed when I went to Whole Foods on Saturday. When I arrived home, I asked my hubby, who was so sweet to help out, I assist me in a few more good stretches. He was able to my hammies loosened up, which were REALLY tight, along with my quads and glutes. I am SO overdue for a massage. As I was laying on the floor, my two cats treated me like their human saltlick. I could not get them off of me. After my hubby was finished, I ate something quick and then headed for the shower. The shower felt very good. When I got to work, I was able to complete two more assignments (one I am still waiting to turn because I need to know how to attach two documents in two different formats), which leaves one more assignment left to go. Tomorrow's going to be a much needed rest day and a day to visit the chiropractor again. tomorrow's also another early wake-up day and heading to school by 8 a.m. Three more days left after tomorrow.

Today's work-out

5K run

33:51

10:51/mile pace

14 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice run!
I've run at Lake Calhoun before. I used to date a guy from the cities - it is really nice up there. I'll actually be up there in August - my sister lives in the St. Peter near Mankato.

Running Rabbit said...

Yep...opposite views my dear.

I like to see the boobs bouncing up and down...makes me appreciate my small chest that much more!

Ryan said...

I have two kitties, only one who appreciate me as a salt lick. He is relentless.

Interesting to note that women also observe other women's bouncing boobs...

Great job on the run, today. And even during hell week!

Marty said...

Have a super hell week:) Great 5k pace too:)

Marty

jeanne said...

nice work! good luck with hell week! maybe heaven week comes next.

carmen said...

Dressing for rain is something I've never had the fortune to do as a runner. At least, here in Phoenix that is.

It sounds divine.

Nice run. Go Firefly!

Lora said...

Congrats on shaving a minute off! The boobs bouncy thing--I worry about the pain they're having. But, hey, at least they're out there trying!
After Hell Week, treat yourself to a massage...you damn well will deserve it!!

Jeff said...

Great run! I've had some of my best runs in the rain. Just watch that ITB...I know about that one. I also know to keep the shirt ON for now!

~JDoubleU said...

Nice job on the run. Send those showers our way too!

Amy said...

Nice job on shaving off a minute! And when I get side stiches I bite my tongue and that usually makes the pain go away...don't ask me why it helps, but it just does!

neese said...

great run! sorry about the side stitches, i know that feeling, i'll have to try the tongue bite thing that amy suggested.

btw, i *love* Whole Foods!!

happy rest day!

*jeanne* said...

Light rain can make me go faster. Hope of getting DONE before getting SOAKED helps pace! LOL!

Rose said...

I love running in the rain! I tend to heat up quickly and the rain always keeps me cool. I used to hit some of my fastest times in the rain. Amy's suggestion for stitches is intriguing - I'll have to try that, too.

Danielle said...

Oh, I agree, there are some men that should NEVER be allowed shirtless (and some that should always be!!) and the girls without enough support...I just don't get it. I want to tell them the name of the sports bras I wear, they are good for compression!! Nothing like doing something that will make them sag for life!!