Translate

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Great day!

Well, I felt good when I woke up - one day after my 5K run. I woke up at 10 this morning and prepped to head out for a day in the gym. Once I arrived at the gym, I spent 45 minutes on the eliptical machine. Before I got on, I spoke to one of the other regulars, who was training for a June marathon in Alaska. She told me that she's mending with an ankle fracture and using the eliptical machine for her long "runs" to reduce the direct impact. Anyways, I felt good during my cardio work-out. I then did a full body weight training work-out since it has been almost a week since I had done any weight training. I took it easy on my legs so I did not irritate the IT band. I took it easy most of the day. I had a paper due today so I worked on that. I also updated my fundraising letter for TNT. I still need to get my corporate letter written this week and sent out. I have 7 companies in mind to send letters to. Depending on how I feel in the morning, I will either do another cross-training day or have my hip looked at again by my regular physician. Today's workout 45 minutes elipitical machine 4.21 miles 459 calories All-body weight training 10.91 miles/hour pace

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Nice job. Good luck with fundraising.

Meg said...

How do you train for the long runs using the eliptical machine?

angie's pink fuzzy said...

hi! thanks for the well wishes on my blog :)