Translate

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Another treadmill day!

Well, it was first day of NO 7 am wake-up call. YES! I was able to sleep until 9 am this morning. I got up with my hubby and prepped for my day running. The temps felt a little warm morning this morning - after a VERY nice night of NO A/C and opening the windows. My hubby ran some errand this morning using my car until I was finished getting dressed, ate, and used my nebulizer before running. Once he was home, I took off and headed out. I decided once I was in the car that I would use the treadmill at the gym just in case. It was getting a little too warm this morning and did not want to take any chance with warm temps. I arrived at the gym and used the treadmill to get my 3 miles in. I kept the speed at 12:15/mile pace. It was a little bit easier to run until I hit the 1.75 mile mark and the d*&@ side stitches came back. UGH! I slowed down to the 12:30 pace until they went away and then increased my speed. My hip did not feel right during the last bit of the run, but pushed through it. I completed the 3 miles at 38:09 - slower than I wanted to, but OH WELL! After my run and as I stretched, I decided to head to the chiropractor's officer for an adjustment. I had enought time before I needed to get ready for work. I called my husband and let him know that I would not heading straight home after the gym. When I got to my chiropractor's office, I had my chiropractor put some of the tens unit pads on my lower back and hip area. As I was laying face down, he checked my alignment in my pelvis. As I thought, I was out of alignment - not a surprise. He did a quick adjustment and showed me a stretch for my side stitches that will expand my rib cage and make them GO BUH-BYE! While I was at work, I checked my personal e-mail and received the results of the TC 10 mile lottery. Well, it's looking like I will not be running the event this year, but I will be out cheering the marathoners running the full marathon that day. Oh well! I can wait until next year. Tommorow and Thursday will be cross-training day. The weather will HOPEFULLY cool down a little bit more where I can run OUTSIDE on Friday. (Crossing toes and fingers!) Today's work-out 3 miles - treadmill 38:09 12:38/mile pace

2 comments:

Anne said...

Glad all it took for the hip was an adjustment. And sorry about the lottery, but it's nice that you will still be there to cheer. Much better than boycotting, as some others who weren't selected will likely do.

onepinkfuzzy said...

wow, no a/c and it felt good?! sweet.