- Make sure you drink the sports drink and water (and lots of it!) at least 3 days before the marathon, even if your mom drags you up to Sedona for a shopping trip where you can not find a convenience store in Sedona (LOTS of shops - NO food stores!! Ugh!! I wish I packed a cooler.)
- Do NOT use recovery drink as part of your training drink on the day of the marathon. BAD idea!!
- Do NOT stop walking even though you hurt SO bad after completing a marathon!
- Do NOT take a 2 hour nap after taking an ice bath! You will not be able to move much, plus you are not continuing with the fluid intake after the marathon (and avoid an ER visit for 3 bags of fluid.) I learned that's why the Victory Party is so important to keep moving.
- Make sure you have your victory beer. I missed out on my Michelob Ultra and it ticked me off. UGH!!
- Get a good massage a week after the marathon. It's an awesome investment. USE IT!!
- Go to more of the TNT group runs...no matter how *%#*@ cold it is outside. I wish school did not get in the way of those runs. No more school (at least in the classroom = more time for my running)! Plus I need to invest more in specialized winter clothing when I am running. I live in Minnesota for Pete's sake. We are supposed to live for this stuff.
I don't have a goal time...yet. I want to see how I do for the next few 5K's I am doing. I have shooting to sign for the 10 Mile Race at TCM. (Make sure I have my inhaler in hand!) I might shoot for sub-6:00. I hit 6:37 when I was in Phoenix last time. I know that if I train a little better that I will do well this time around. I just hope the darn shin splints don't plague me this time now that I have my legs prepared over the spring and summer so far.
I am ready.......to RUN!