Translate

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Additional Tips

I have a few more tips that I forgot to submit in yesterday's blog entry. 1. Take advantage of seasonal fruits and veggies. If you have a local farmer's market, take advantage of it and buy the fresh fruits and veggies. They cost less than the supermarket and you buy direct from the grower. Plus the taste of those fresh stuff is SO much better. Right now in MN, we have strawberries and raspberries that can be picked by hand from local farmers - and there's a BOOM of them because of the nice weather we have had. If you can eat everything you buy, freeze fruit or veggies in freezer bags for later. Frozen berries are great for smoothies. 2. Treat yourself ONCE a week. Give yourself a small treat once a week for the hard week. It makes sticking to a good lifestyle change - NOT diet - and healthy habits. But it does not give yourself a reason to pig out because of it. 3. Eat your WHOLE grains. I love the new Nutrigrain Pancakes with some sugar-free syrup and a glass of chocolate milk for breakfast. It tastes good, but it's very filling. I am less likely to binge later. There are a lot of good healthy choice out there for whole grain selections - even whole grain Fig Newtons. Very yummy! Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Rae said...

Hey! Hopefully we can have a meetup at Twin Cities! Do you know of any other bloggers running any of it? I really haven't run into any yet.

Hope the shoulder pain goes away SOON!

Meredith said...

I always treat myself on Saturdays. Most of the week I try really hard to stick to my 1200-1500 calories per day, but on Saturdays when I do long runs and burn a ton of calories I allow myself to eat whatever I want the rest of the day. The day usually ends with ice cream or an adult beverage.

Thank you for posting on my Thursday Thoughts today. It's always fun to have someone new post. Newbies are always welcome.